Wholistic Doula Certification
Answer Your Life’s Calling To Support Mothers On Their Journey Through Pregnancy And Parenting. Start Your Career And Birth Your Passion Today.
- You will learn about
- The Spirituality of Birth
- Birth Environments
- Womb Wellness
- Herbs For Birth
- Post Partum Recovery
Join us for 6 classes online - on your time, in your own place and space.
IF YOU RESERVE YOUR SPOT NOW YOU CAN GET THE SALE PRICE OF $450
*IF YOU REGISTER BEFORE JANUARY FIRST *
YOU CAN START ONLINE WHEN EVER YOU ARE READY AND TAKE UP TO 3MONTHS TO COMPLETE.
General Cost for this Class is $650
CLICK HERE TO REGESTER
The Mothership’s Birth Doula – course syllabus
As an Mothership Doula your objective is to aid the mother through her birth journey managing breathing, pain and emotions accomplishing her birth plan be it natural or medicalized. In addition The Afrikan Mothership Birthworkers work together to form a united front of support – linking the parents to resources, information, and counseling.
In 6 classes develop your hands-on skills as a Birth Doula, enabling you to provide the best care possible, and identify strategies for establishing and developing your craft. The Afrikan Mothership’s Doula is equipt to change the birth paridime and help to facilitate the birth of a whole mother and child.
During your training you will cover three main topic areas – Communication Skills, Birth Science and Birth Doula Skills.
First Trimester: Building Doula Skills
Enhance your communication skills, enabling you to build strong relationships with clients and caregivers alike. Topics covered include:
- Orientation to becoming a Mothership Doula
- Effective language communication
- Active listening skills
- Pregnancy Anatomy
- Community Connections And Resources
- Natural –vs- Medicalized Birth
- Medical Interventions
Second Trimester: Physiology of Pregnancy,
- Gain a thorough understanding of the anatomy and physiology of pregnancy, birth and the early postpartum period. Topics covered include:
- physiology of pregnancy, labor and birth
- Healthy eating and exercise
- Management of labor and medical interventions
Third Trimester: Birth & the Early Postpartum Period
- Standing firmly in a Doula’s role
- Introduction to Postpartum and lactation
- Becoming a birth professional
All student materials are focused on evidence-based care. Evidence-based means medical practice that is based on research. The opinions and thoughts of experts on pregnancy and birth are referred to throughout your student manuals – it is important to hear the views of others in the field to build your own knowledge base.
- Completion of The Mothership Doula Course Workshop, Manuals and Test
- Attend 3 births as a shadow doula or observer
- Total payment of student fees
- Book Reviews on the following topics:
- Natural childbirth
- Breast feeding
- Prenatal and postnatal exercise
- Diet and nutrition
**Certification will be issued when all requirements are met**
Cost and Registration Fees
This course is done locally and will be done over 5 gatherings. Completion of all course materials each birthworker will begin her rites of passage blessing her path and birth work. Certification cost $650.
The Wholistic Doula Certification
Terms and Conditions
The payment plan is offered as a courtesy so all payments must be paid in full before the first day of class. This is a commitment so payments made signify your commitment to attend all 6 classes. If there is an unforseen issue and you need a refund you will have to discuss this with Mama Mawusi Ashshakir. **refund issues will be reviewed based upon proof and documentation**